Subscene "wonky" again??

• 8 replies
  • 1.4K views
EthericBliss

Just curious... I can (obviously) reach and read AND post, in the Forums, okay...

I just can NOT search, for the life of me... Keep getting a "Error" page.

And yes! Tried different browsers, as well. : /

Anyone else "seeing" this too??

WHOLENESS!! : ) -EB

AzH

Have a good day,
Subscene Team.

EthericBliss

Thanks Robert1961...

Well, here it is... ~five hours later... I'm thinking a LITTLE more, than just "heavy traffic". LOL!

Ever since their unannounced "change" ("upgrade"? "server change"? "re-write"?) ABOUT a year or so, ago... This site has kept slowly sinking and sinking... as if in a REALLY SLOW, quicksand.

Not sure, at ALL, what they did... First it was "searches". The "parameters" have TOTALLY changed. And they are NOT "going back" to the way it was... I thought at one time, MAYBE it would "go back" to the way it was.

That ain't gonna happen.

THEN it's this one thing "down" or another. CONTINUOUSLY, almost...

I've STILL not received an "answer" to what is what, around here...

@AzH "Have a good day, Subscene Team"???

I mean, honestly!!! WTF is THAT??? "Have a good day"??? !!! ???

Is that even CONSIDERED an "RE"??? No offense, but HOW are you "Subscene Team" and WHAT does that even mean? Y'all aren't a Mod, at least your profile doesn't reflect so, nor does your avatar. ???

I mean, YOU have a "good day", too (and all) but your post does nothing here...

Anyway, I've ONE confirmation, at least that says "Search" is down. Thank you, @R..1961 for your confirmation. : ) -EB

PS "Search" function STILL "down".

naim2007

It seems that subscene is slow again. mybe ddos attac or something!!!

EthericBliss

@naim2007... Thanks for the RE but yeah, a denial-of-service attack would leave it utterly useless... We wouldn't even be able to log onto the site...

Not thinking that's it. But yeah, probably "tweaking" something and whomever they have doing it, has NO clue what they are doing. LOL! ; ) That's at least "my" speculation. Whoever is in charge of the back-end didn't learn how to tie their shoe laces before they learned how to walk. Heh! -jk!-

But I've seen now, that others are seeing the same thing. I was thinking it was a "personal" thing and was curious if it was just a "me" or not. : ) Thanks! : ) -EB

kudobaban

for a couple time till our home completely fixed, go for this www.opensubtitles.org

chaba

Same here, is getting run so slowed and I CAN'T Even download.

EthericBliss

@chaba Yeah... it's not even letting me "Search". This is interesting.

Is there ANY way that we can get just a "confirmation" as to what is going on??? Maybe what to expect?

Are there ANY Mods out here, monitoring What is what?

Could someone confirm why we are "down"? Just curious. : )

@kudobaban Yeah, I have that one bookmarked, too... but it's kind of "noisy". : / And yeah, the don't have what I'm looking for. : ( Thank you anyway, for the suggestion though... : )

ANYONE else here have suggestions for a GOOD Sub site? An "alternative" to something like this one? Would REALLY appreciate it!! : ) -EB

EDIT:

From the LACK of responses, I am guessing that there is (are) no "substitute(s)" for Subscene then?