Commemoration to Luis-subs

• 6 replies
  • 1.4K views
lumenscsc

I wasn't able to search a thread regarding him here, but I just want to give my appreciation to Luis-subs, who, in my earliest days in finding Subscene (alongside Addic7ed), was the one that I usually grabbed subtitles from that was always reliable on the releases I ended up getting for films (mostly from 2013-2014).

He had just straightforward AF descriptions, and didn't add his name on parts of the subtitle - not that there's anything wrong with adding your name to be credited, it's just interesting he's done subtitling for years without ever doing so.

Unfortunately his last visit was on 11/10/2018 4:07 PM from his profile (https://subscene.com/u/790819), so who knows where he is at now.. Anyway, that's all, I figured I am curious to see if anyone remembers having gotten his English subs amongst others before.

Clarity

One of the OGs of Subscene

Torrent.UK

Well, I'm going to go ahead and think Luis-subs is still alive and kicking. Just because he has not logged on since 2018 doesn't necessarily mean something bad may have happened to him. Life is very demanding and your priorities may change from one day to the next. I used to log on every day before, but my priorities changed about two years ago, and now I hardly get any time free at all for my favorite pastime which is subtitles. I do, however, want to pay my respects to Luis-subs, whatever his fate may have been. Not only that, but I have downloaded his subtitles before, I do appreciate his efforts, 'cause I know how much effort goes into subtitle writing, and I wish (I hope) he's all right out there somewhere in the world looking after a young kid or whatever and that's what may be keeping him from our subtitle family.
A toast: to Luis-subs.

WhatWuzzat

Last login at Opensubtitles was Feb 23, 2019, but last upload shows as July 2020.

miss_p1nky

Dude, what's with the title! I thought he passed away 😑
Anyway, yes I remember him and how I'd always prefer his subtitles. In fact he's the one that made me feel aspired to be like him. When people see my name, they'd go straight away to pick my release instead of any others.

lumenscsc

@ miss_p1nky Sorry I got carried away, I only meant gone from this specific website when it comes to login as I didn't really consider checking him out much on other subtitle websites (thanks for the info on that @WhatWuzzat), I do not know him personally of course to know how he actually is at now. I have edited the title for removing the "sadly now gone" as it gave the wrong impression whoops.

@Torrent.UK I do completely understand you, indeed doing subtitles is really an optional thing to do for people, and I do also hope that he has or is doing well too.

SoLt3c

I agree totally,its the first sub i would pick if there wa a choice.I hope he's doing ok.