Search Functions and "Whole Name" searches...

• 8 replies
  • 1.1K views
EthericBliss

Howdy!!

Just curious... I've noticed lately that I cannot simply "copy/paste" a movie's whole name in, anymore.

Foe example, if I enter "F.R.E.D.I.2018.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO" I get a message saying this:

==============================================

Temporary unavailable

This section is temporarily unavailable.

It will be back again.

Have a good day,
Subscene Team.

==============================================
Now, if I whittle the name down to simply "F.R.E.D.I.2018" I will get the same "ERROR" message.

Going even FURTHER, if I enter JUST "F.R.E.D.I." the same message will appear...

It is ONLY when I enter "FREDI" do I get a result.

This isn't even the actual NAME of the movie. The movie's name is "F.R.E.D.I." they turned the name into an acronym.

This seems to happen if there are ANY "." in the search function and/or if there is anything more, that JUST the name of the movie. Even simply putting the year into the search yields the same "ERROR" message.

Is this JUST happening to me??? Something that I would not doubt. : P

Is this just a "maintenance glitch" or have the search parameters changed on this site???

I am hoping it's the former as opposed to the latter, but would appreciate some clarification, either way...

Did I miss the memo? Heh! Something which I would not doubt. That seems to happen a LOT to me. ; )

Again, either way, I look forward to any input and clarification in RE to this matter.

Much appreciated. Thanks in advance, and keep up the great work that y'all do. : ) -EB

PS Here is another example,

I tried to search for the following in the search bar::

The.Walking.Dead.S08E16.HDTV.x264-FLEET

And I received the same message as above.

ONLY when I entered "The Walking Dead" did anything come up for a search result. It would not even take a period (".") in the search bar/function.

I then had to scroll for "Season - Eight" and THEN once "Season - Eight" was found, I had to scroll down through all of the Subtitles until I found the one that I was looking for.

When before, I simply entered:
The.Walking.Dead.S08E16.HDTV.x264-FLEET ...And it would give me either a DIRECT match and/or get me pretty darned close, where I only had to scroll through a few optoins and find a "best fit" for what I was looking for.

To sum it up again, is this just a temporary thing? I am hoping so. Or is this something on my end?? Has the Search function been "tweaked" and if so, is it going to stay that way?

Personally, I liked the way it was "before" where I just entered the direct name (periods [dots]) and all and I could find the EXACT find that I was looking for.

Also, if this is posted in the wrong area, please let me know.

Again, Thank You, for taking your time and reading this. I look forward to yours or anyone's RE with the answer(s.) : ) Cheers!! : ) -EB

Sniper1992

same problem from 10 days ago

Tommy1234

Same problem here, all searches containing "." gives that error.

Searching for names works, but harder to find the right subs.

Example: Altered.Carbon.S01E10.PROPER.720p.WEBRip.x264-STRiFE - dont work.
Example: Altered Carbon - Gives the full list --> https://subscene.com/subtitles/title?q=Altered+Carbon&l=

I do hope this will be fixed soon, this is my favorite place for subs. Keep up the good work, both staff and contributors! I really appreciate SubScene :-)

Roadrunner77

Hi,

is it possible to get a status update on that issue? i understand that only the /release search does not work, but thats exactly the most interesting use case - some feedback would be well appreciated ...

thanks guys for the great work - and one last question from my side - "have you already turned it off and on again?" :-)

Tommy1234

Same here. My post yesterday didn't pass the mods.

I can also confirm that searches containing "." (dot) wont work. Full name search do

It would be nice if that could be fixed, thanks.

EthericBliss

Update:

Guys, what I found to "work" is to remove ANYTHING that in NOT "alpha" and is NOT part of the movie's title, i.e.:
"The Night Comes for Us" (obviously, WITHOUT quotations and without ANYthing that is NOT the title i,e, REMOVE things like: x264, eztv, CMRG, EVO, etc. and then search. You may have to "dig" a little bit, for your title but it SHOULD be in there.

Thanks Sub UPPERS, y'all are doing a GREAT job. :-D

MODS: Any Update on this? Is this simply a "new" fundamental of searches and permanent OR is this simply a "hiccup" during some Site Updates? Also, is this posted in the correct Forum? Or should this be located in the "Subscene Discussions" Forum??

Apologies if this is posted in the incorrect Forum. :-)

ANY RE would be nice. If only simply "to know." :-)

Thank you all, once again, to all those that make this site happen, Sub Uploaders, Mods and all. : ) -EB

Sniper1992

still there a problem

that_thing

Hi all, the search is fully functional again. Someone was hammering on it so we had to limit it in or for the rest of the site to function.

Good day.

EthericBliss

Cool! Thanks @ That_Thing, for your RE (Per update on this.) NOT so much on the whole "hammering" thing. Glad to hear and hear that it's sussed out now. Thanks! : ) -EB

PS JUST tried my first, second and third (different Subs for different movies) and it's STILL not accepting ANYthing besides JUST the names of the movies. No punctuations or characters allowed.

Maybe we got "hammered" again???

Just curious. : )

UPDATE: STILL not accepting anything other than JUST the "name." The "Search" function is not accepting ANY characters and/or punctuations. Again, just curious, but is this JUST on my end or are others having the same "issues" with searches?

JUST my opinion, but it WAS nice to DL a flick and simply copy/paste the name into the Search Bar. It would come-up 100% of the time, IF it is here, if it was not, then OTHER options were at least available. Now, I'm lucky to find the Subs with ONLY a "name only" search... : ( Want the "OLD" Subscene Search function back. : ) Again, just my opinion. : ) -EB