Adreclaim makes it impossible to use the site!

• 4 replies
  • 1K views
the.hippo

I understand the need to display advertising so that the site makes money.
And I don't mind ads appearing to the side or at the bottom.
But...

I don't use Ad Block or any form of it. Never have.
I gave javascript permissions for the site."All this page," and to the site itself, so it's not that.

The ads forced on my browser cover up all content. I cannot see any links except the top two.
If you can't force ads without hiding the wanted content, then your site is useless, is it not?

So please tell me how I can satisfy adreclaim's demands, since I don't even know what they want me to do.

Otherwise, I will wait until somebody creates an extension that foils adreclaim altogether - and somebody out there will, count on it.

that_thing

Hi Hippo, is it better now?

If not, then we will disable the reclaim ads entirely - you are correct the site should be usable!

the.hippo

That seems to be an improvement. At each list of subs, I can click on "allow all this page," and the cover-up bank of ads goes away. That means it is, as it turns out, an issue with some javascript code (which I block by default to avoid malware) that is apparently making adreclaim possible. But if I can give permissions with each new movie or TV show, we can get along fine. Thanks!

Atto

"The ads forced on my browser cover up all content"
This

that_thing

Hi both of you, the adreclaim ads have been removed. Thank you for giving this feedback.